Finally I'm on the road again!   Hey Rocky, do you see the Rock men climbing the big Rock mountain?  :)

I rode to Kingman first and Sherm and Craig joined for a ride to Chloride and breakfast at Yesterdays.


We all have our individual preferences for breakfast. I decided to try their famous BELT sandwich. (bacon, eggs, lettuce, tomatoes)

Long ride ahead so elected to make a short visit. That sign ain't true if you have a bidet!

Sherm in front of his Rebel, Craig behind his wing.

Sherm picked up (literally) a nice gift for Pat.

I stopped to top off with fuel at only 33.9 cents per gallon, but alas the train beat me to it and blocked my access.

Beautiful new fish hatchery at Lake Mead, but no water to be able to use it. Huh?

Virgin tanks waiting for water from the Virgin River.

Some of the native fish in the reservoir

Some of the non native fish they plan to raise in the hatchery. This is the girl that was my source of information.

I also got a little info from this sign too!


Just from looking at it, I'm guessing that Lake Mead is at less than 30% of it's volumetric capacity.


At least it doesn't look so sorry with my bike in the pic.

RV's are parked where there should be water, and grass growing in a field where little fish should be hatching.

As I was riding along and thinking how messed up our world is today, the beauty that God still keeps in front of us comforts my soul!




Not sure why, but a sign.........

........says this area is called........

............Red..........

..........Rocks

I came around a corner and this two horses were in the middle of the road. I felt sorry for them as this one was trying to graze but wasn't fining much in the 110 degree heat.

And I was feeling sorry for myself because it was so hot out, but I had forty ounces of water.

I was excited to see that Rogers Spring was still sprung!

I made it to Overton and the inside scoop. A small bowl of pistachio almond ice cream never tasted so good.

It was hot, I was tired but still proud that I made a little over 400 miles today in this heat! Tomorrow will be a cake walk, supposed to only be a high of 95 degrees at my destination!

 

Comments

  1. Man 117 I am sweating just thinking about it. But that's a dry heat unlike here in FL where you are drenched walking out with high humidity. Nice pics-looking forward to the rest of the story as it unfolds. aka "Kenichi" from thegl forum & gl1800riders Stay safe out yonder! BTW where are you headed to?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog