Doug and I have appointed ourselves as the North West contention of the Power Riders.

It was Doug's turn to choose the ride and a fine one he chose.

An absolutely perfect day at around 70 degrees and only three and a half clouds in the sky.

This will be my last ride before I start pointing my front wheel towards home.



While heading to Fishawk Lake, we came across this wreck.

I'm not sure when it happened, but they are tired of people reporting it.

Took a picture of the hay bales while there and got one of a hayseed at the same time.

I was tempted. :)

We're thinking it was probably stolen.

Inside is full of trash.

This Fishawk Lake security guy made us promise to keep this place a secrete.

The lake was built 50 years ago but they didn't provide a means for the salmon to reach it.

They are now building a fish ladder to fix that.

This is where that overflow drain comes out.



I have a feeling this small community has some dark secrets.

Lots of old farm houses on these backroads.

And a fair share of barns to go with them.

Trunk of this tree caught my eye.

If I scraped the debris out of there and nailed a tarp over the branches, I'd have myown homeless camp.

Doug had chosen camp 18 for our lunch stop.

While I completely forgot to take any food pics, I did get a few outside as well as inside.

Bigfoot got a little persnickety when I took his pic.

Everyone else was good with having their pictures took!

Nice door handles.

That log that makes up the main beam is 85' long and 4' in diameter

I was able to figure it out.

Tempted!!!

Now that's a snatch block!



An old logging museum on the adjacent lot.

This was probably a fancy passenger car in it's day.


Some of the antiques were still able to move. :)





Nice view of the Columbia as we drop out of the hills.

I believe we are looking at Longview from either Clatskanie or Rainier.

 

I left Portland this morning Aug 14th to start working my way home.

Crossing over to Hwy 97 from I-5 I shot these pics of Diamond Peak. I wonder which one it is?

This guy was taking off from the Tule Lake area near Klamath Falls

I highly recommend the Apple Inn and Gift Shop in Susanville, CA

The best burger I've had on this trip.

I was going to have a McDonalds breakfast but they weren't open. Safeway was.

The northern end of the High Sierras


I stopped in Bridgeport, CA on my way to Bodie.

Old community services building

A very nice place is the Bridgeport Inn. But $21 for a very average breakfast was a little over the top.

I been wanting to visit here for at least ten years.

There has always been one obstacle in the way

My friends never wanted to ride three miles on a dirt road.

No friends this year, so here I am.

Bodie is a very well preserved ghost town.

Headrigs for carrying men into the mine shaft and ore out.


An old engine with the specs embossed in the valve cover

I wish I had visited at least ten years ago.

My old body wouldn't let me hike close to the things I really wanted to see.









Simmons Beauty Rest



Apparently dusting is not permitted








Hey, a selfie!

A leaner

A lean arrestor


I really wanted to take the tour through the mill but I just couldn't make the walk



I was a little surprised to see a Police action taking place.



Then I realized they were just worried about me being able to make it bake to my bike.

I fooled them and took a shortcut

Nice view of the Sierras on the ride out.

Mono Lake, an alkaline lake that has a brine shrimp population

I ride Lida Pass often in the month of February and usually snow, not rain.

They continue to work on the Exchange Club in Beatty. I predict it will never open. From what I see, it is a structurally unsound building.

I came here for dinner. Yep, that's it.


Stopped for road construction and took this pic. I have no idea of what it actually is. Grain elevator?

I made it to Kingman and Sherm said he would be waiting here for me.

He did finally show up


Here he is magically changing two tacos into four.

Lots of rain has greened the area up



It will make a tough fire season in a couple of months.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog