I left Beatty this morning at 6:30 am with plans to visit another Badten family. It was a very windy ride, with the bike leaning about 1/3 of the way between straight up and scraping pegs. On a couple of the really hard gust, I actually did scrape for just a moment. I arrived early so I decided to see if I could visit Dale as I thought they had done his surgery the day before. When I got to the Trauma center they said he was in surgery at that time. I asked if I could see him for just a moment............just kidding! I left the Trauma center and got to the restaurant in time to get rid of my helmet hair and to meet my extended family.


That old guy on the left is me, then Skyler, Michelle and Larry.

Michelle happened across my Badten name a few years ago and it turns out we were related. I was always told that anyone with the Badten name spelled the way we do is related. Michelle knew more about that than I did. We had a great visit and I found another great reason to be proud of the Badten Family name! They are moving to Tennessee, I guess I'll have to ride the Dragon one more time!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog