A whole mountain of leverite rocks. I actually had to ask my uncle Russell what leverite rock was. He said, leave her right where you found it!


I almost didn't see this substation as I was riding by it blended in so well with the backround.

I actually found another couple of new to me roads and they sure didn't disappoint.


This was a beautiful canyon, but I was really surprised how many oil wells were operating. Hundreds of them.

These are all on hwy 191 in Utah. It's called the prehistoric dinosaur highway. Maybe that's why they call it dino oil.

Everything is under camera surveillance, but you can ride within inches of the wells.

Every curve brings a new outcropping of a different rock formation.

This valley had a lot of building still standing and being used since the turn of the century.

I left Price, UT this morning at 6:00am planning to ride 45 minutes to Duchesne and have breakfast and fill up with gas. I was disappointed to find their only restaurant wasn't open on Monday. I was finally able to find a restaurant around 10:00am in Hanna.

Some of the decorations inside of the restaurant.

It wasn't real busy so I set myself up in the corner.

Cute place with even a little soda fountain.


Easy to keep an eye on things through the window.

Breakfast always taste better when there are a few remaining flavors on the grill when they fry your hash browns!


I'd come back in a heartbeat, but at my age I probably never will.

The guy that owned the restaurant told me that he was told by some bikers that frequent his place that the road I was going to ride was the fifth best motorcycle road in UT. He also told me it was covered in deer, and sometimes sheep. All of these sheep were in a field.

I'm not sure what he was going to do with these logs, but he never got over ten miles per hour so I HAD to pass him on the double yellow.

These sheep were crossing the road like they owned it.

The big ones were all business, but the little ones were bouncing around all over the place giving me a good laugh!

Signs like this make truckers worry and bikers smile.

You can see it, but he is smiling big time right now.
So am I. This has been a great morning!

I
I've spent quite a bit of time over ten thousand foot of elevation during the last couple of days and this is the first snow I've seen. At the time, I was at 10,200' and that must have been around another 1000' higher.

That's Haystack Mountain

Seems there was another lake around every curve.

You gotta love it when even the GPS says the road is tied in knots!


I wonder what he'll do when some big yacht send a wake his way?

One of only three mountain ranged in the western hemisphere that run east and west.



I saw this hill in Cokeville and liked .it so I took a pic

I take pictures of these signs so I can learn something later.
Maybe you can too!

I think this is Canola. Whatever it is it is sure pretty and bright.

I was going to stay in Soda Springs tonight and Sherm told me they had a geyser there. I decided to seek it out.

The mother on that platform was letting her three kids run all over the wet rocks while the geyser was erupting.

It was quite spectacular.

I'm not sure what it's normal duration is, but this time it was several minutes.

More signs to learn from?

Even after the main eruption is over a large amount of water continues to emit from the source. I did  a search after I had first posted this. In 1924 the city fathers wanted to take advantage of the geothermals and create a naturally heated swimming pool for the town. It took them thirteen years to drill 315 feet (lack of money) and they were about to give up. However one night they thought they were hearing the train go by but when they checked it out the geyser was shooting 100' into the air. It has since been capped and the city controls the eruption via a timed valve. Two interesting notes, the water coming out is only 74 degrees and it is soft water!

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let my kid get that close!


When I was riding in to town, this is the geyser I thought Sherm was talking about.......lol


If you actually read this stuff, feel free to tell me about it. lol



It looks slippery but those kids were running all over it and I never saw one of them slip or fall.


I'm pretty sure this one sat down on it. Should be good on the car seats.

It was a long day but came to a very pleasant ending!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog