As I left my motel in Pocatello this morning I wasn't expecting to see anything new until I reached Hwy 78 and then it would be a new road to me. I said to myself as I was riding along that there were a lot of similarities to I-40 through western Oklahoma but a little less wind.

Oh yeah, and the Snake River

Once I turned onto Hwy 78, I saw Idaho Spuds.......

Idaho Corn.....

and Idaho Alfalfa, all without moving the bike.

Lots of spud harvesting equipment just across the street too.

I think this alfalfa field is going to have some volunteer barley in it's first cutting.

The Snake is a big river. I remember floating it in a raft from the Hells Canyon Dam to the Imnaha River.

I saw quite a few of these white pelican looking things as well as some white heron looking birds also.

A lot of water making it's way to the mighty Columbia river.



This is Bruneau Sand Dunes State Park. No dune buggies allowed, only hiking.

Stopped here for a late breakfast. I had no cell service, but the waitress gave me their WiFi password and I was off and running.

One stop, they had it all.

I was only after this!

Wow, another tribute to my buddy Rocky.

His spiritual tribute

I not sure of this one.

Patriotic Rocky

His best friend?

His pack mule

Angela's Arrow

His Ancesters

His own breed of cattle

Registered short horn Rockfords

Certainly something to crow about

or lift a leg to!



I asked for $20 worth. I think I guessed about right, didn't even spill a drop.

Idaho Hops

I always wonder what brand they are going to be

Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of rum............just where is this pirate ship going to?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog