My cousin Paul and his wife Kathy. Due to some very serious health issues I wasn't expecting to see them here. So glad they don't live up to my expectations!!!


Time to assemble for the group picture



As we finished breakfast, ISSA, and his brothers and cousins were so polite to come by and collect our dirty plates. Thank you all.

Some of the children had been coerced into having uncle Lanny tell them a story. 

Cousin Becky would lead us in a song each evening

I was feeling like I had a young mind again. I actually knew the names of each of these people. Of course they are all my first cousins.



An early morning lecture from cousin Mark


Actually we are all waiting for the breakfast room to open it's doors

Who slipped this picture in here? That's just too daring for a family blog! SHARI !!!

All good things must end sometime. Sadly, I'm taking my daughter Sarah back to the airport for her flight home to Alaska.

On the way back from the airport I rode by the shore. This guy was being man handled by his kite.

Back at the private beach, Ken is rowing Shari out to the middle of the lake where he dumped her. Well, at least she got her britches wet.


Then again maybe she got her own britches wet seeing she now has the paddle.

My cousin Jim is a missionary in Japan and is introducing each of his children's families to us.

Of course he did it so fast that I couldn't write each of their names down.

But that doesn't stop me from loving them all.

Of course I know Anna and Soone from when they were going to school in America

Love them happy smiles

Jeannie and I are now on our way to Ephata, WA

We are riding Hwy 20, the North Cascade Loop where they have had a significant fire since Patience and I rode it back in 06 or so.

Fire crews really try to protect the National Parks, but how in the world could you fight this one on those steep granite cliffs?

These next few pics were taken while riding, but caught my eye. Pardon the quality.



Just a viewpoint break in our ride.




The lake and streams are this emerald green color when they are fed from the glacial melt.


Jeannie liked these flowers

Diablo Lake


I once heard that there were more glaciers in the North Cascade National Park than in the entire rest of the lower 48

A couple of kayakers at 25x telephoto.

Sometimes she just patiently waited for me to do my thing.

A few more while on the move.








We were looking for a place to eat and had passed this place twice before stopping to ask if there was any food in this town. They need to add and grill to their sign.

Jeannie's Half order of natchos.

No surprises when you order a burger.

Crossed the Columbia on this bridge north of Wenatchee.

Behind the truck are Macro Bins that they pick the apples into for storage and processing.

Lots of dryland wheat in eastern Washington and Oregon


Of course a place to store it before shipping.

 

Comments

  1. Excellent! As usual! Nice to see Jeannie in some pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog