Swimming with the grandkids I took it on myself to suck up the bugs in the pool with the water squirters and shoot them out of there.

At first it was fun, but I never seemed to run out of bugs.

So it changed to water war with the kids.

Logan was the only one I could still throw up in the air.



I tried Jacob , but at 70# I couldn't get him clear of the water. Ugh! I'm getting old

As it was, he was all it took to wear me out!







While we were enjoying the pool, dad was mowing the lawn.

Jeannie is checking on us

She is probably worried about the family patriarch over doing it.

Maybe I'll just trampoline into the pool

Grandma and grandson

Grandma and great granddaughter Hailey


Hailey and Logan



Mama Melissa isn't sure if it's actually safe to have kids around grandpa.

But hey, I made him take off the flip flops and put on some slip on tennies!

Looks all geared up to me!

Then come on, let's go!

Couldn't get this pick without Mama's approval!



Just keeping an eye on him

Then it's off we go for a McDonalds hash brown, one extra, and the very first motorcycle ride of his life. 4 years old, put that in his baby book!

 

We've been working on this landscaping project for a couple of weeks.

Still a very long way to go, but when it is done, it will be a neighborhood show piece.

Hailey, Bev, Shelby, Steffen, and Melissa

Bev, Lanny, Jeannie, Melissa, Steffen, and Jacob

We stopped for fuel and lunch in Odessa

I think they have been  closed awhile now

Looks like the grocery store is still open

I recently bought my wife "Riders of the Purple Sage" by Zane Grey

We both had a Lady Burger here.

This beautiful park in Spokane is a popular wedding venue.

Today, my nieces daughter has it reserved for hers.

It was a pretty warm day but most were dressed up pretty nice.

Of course I was in shorts and t-shirt since I was on a bike trip.

Steve (father of the bride), Shelby (bride), and Barb (mother of the bride)

The final exchange of Vows

The brides maids

Grandfather and Grandmother of the bride. At least parts of the backs of their heads. :)

Newly Weds




Ceremony is over, now time to eat!

A beautiful Episcopalian Church

The caterers for the reception brought their own wood fire pizza oven.

It's gonna take a lot of them

And use a little wood

Maybe a lot of wood

One last kiss

Bride and Grooms table

So I don't forget who I am or where I'm supposed to be sitting

Lots of socializing going on


We shared our table with the marrying minister

I ate every piece, Yum Yum!

My wife and my sister were trying the gluten free. Not me.

You could take group photos here. The younger crowd seemed to like it.

On our way back to Portland we stopped in Yakima to visit my Granddaughter Patience, her daughter Shannon, and her boyfriend Chris. Patience has put over 30,000 on my bikes over six summers with me.

So far, Shannon is up to about 10 over a period of 3 years.

She won my heart!

I took her for a ride to the house where her mother at just a year older also won it.

She'll have to move to AZ if she wants to get a lot of rides.

Of course I would never say no if she asked!

Shannon wanted me to show her how to work my camera. 

She started snapping pictures left and right and declared "I figured it out!"

Even took a selfie

And a few that I'll leave to your interpretation

Couldn't leave mom and Chris out

Back in my control

The Klickitat river probably averages 100' to 200' wide until it drops into this rock gorge.

I'm only guessing, but I think that roar of water there is probably as much as 20' deep. You can see where the Native tribal members do their gill netting.

From the color you can tell it is mostly glacial melt water source





I wonder if any of them ever fall in

Don't think it would be possible to out swim the current

Comments

Popular posts from this blog