This morning I had no plans other than finding some nice local roads to ride.

So just following my front wheel, I stopped to snap a pic of this tree's trunk. Then I looked across the driveway and......

.....and.....

E-I-E-I-O

I'm very content spending the day riding very twisty roads through enchanted forest.

So thankful these country folk place signs to identify what us city slickers are looking at!

A one time this Bull Run Power Plant produced power to run Portland street car system.

It is now privately owned and plans are for it to become a museum

The lake is gone and water flow is back to normal

Funny, in my old age, I just can't see those no parking on bridge signs.



It did produce power for over 100 years

I usually get in trouble when I turn onto roads that have no markings, but this one was several miles of fun.

First year in the life of a Christmas Tree

More Foxglove, it can kill you or heal you. It where they get digitalis the heart medicine so I'm told.

Mt. Hood kept appearing in the distance this morning.

I met this guy who was walking the Oregon Trail from beginning (Independence, MO, to Gresham, OR). I didn't even have a clue that I was on the trail when I took his pic.

A nice old barn

I'm ashamed of the quality of this picture, but it was the only one that shows I was indeed on the Oregon Trail, and he was too.

I crossed the Sandy River several times.

They have several varieties of Steelhead Trout and it is fishable year round. Other restrictions apply.


When I took this pic I couldn't believe that big rock could balance on that little rock.

Taking a close up tells the rest of the story

Curious as to the story behind the bridges name.

This Case dealership was having a new left over model sale of 43, 47, 49, and 52 model year tractors.

A little Alpaca farm.

Even these butterflies were tanning on the beach.



I guess the butterflies got the idea from these guys.



It's not often I get such a good shot of a mail truck.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog