Yesterday I was riding through the SE section of Portland and snapped this pic of Mt. Hood. It's not quite the same as the one I took while riding through the forest.

I was ahead of schedule on my way to my son's so I decided to ride by the old airship hangars. This old train sits outside. 

A little black paint and it would be good to go.

This is the last of the hangars. T look like concrete buildings, but in fact they are made of wood.

They were having a motorcycle safety training day on the campus. I tried to join, but they said I wasn't trainable. :(

I suppose they were right.

A little history

Whatever that covering is seems to be coming off from weather events and exposing the bare wood.

It is a massive structure

I'm not sure I could keep up with them either. lol


I stopped by this one stop mart in Netarts. Gas, Mexican Food, firewood, groceries, you name it.

My first view of the Pacific on this trip.

My son always gives me special outdoor parking at his house.

They recently lost a cat that had been part of their family for years but it didn't take them long to get excited over these two.

They are brother and sister. They have names, but I already forgot them. Left and right or something like that.

We went out for a nice lunch in the very tiny community of Oceanside.

These blackberry lemonades were very good but I was pretty upset that they took my plate and silverware before I was able to gig those blackberries from the bottom.

Eldo and Kristi highly recommended these sandwiches but they had poisonous cucumbers in them.

I opted for these pork tacos that had a cabbage coleslaw garnish. It sounded awful, but maybe the best tacos I've ever had!!!

In the evening, Eldo grilled flatiron steaks, corn on the cob, baked beans, and topped it off with blueberry peach cobbler alamode.

I know this is probably too sexy a pic for a family blog, but I just had to show off the father's day gift my daughter got me.

After dinner we hiked down to take a look at the foundation for the new home they are building.

Standing in their new garage. I'm a little disappointed to not see a special motorcycle area, but hey, with only a year left...........lol

Walking back up to the house they currently live in, the sky over the ocean was awesome.

Personally, I myself would be perfectly happy with the one they have.

Taking a different route back to Portland I'm snapping a few pics along the coast.

In the NW you always need to be aware of the deer. After I took this there was a little buck on the other side of the road.

Eldo and Kristi highly recommended Wanda's for breakfast. However I wasn't up for an hour's wait.

I rode on to Seaside and had this at the Sea Breeze Restaurant.
I wished I had of waited at Wanda's

Wow, has Seaside ever changed since the last time I visited here 40 years ago. 

However, this turnaround is pretty much the same.

It was only about 55 degrees

Still quite a few hardy souls out there living life!

One of my riding buddies owns this Les Schwab store.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog