I left Ontario, OR this morning and rode HWY 26 to Prineville, OR.

I stopped at this little pull out that had a nice view of the farmland.


Eastern Oregon farms have to be irrigated as there just isn't enough rain to raise anything but dust.

I wasn't sure what I was going to see along this portion of Hwy 26, but at least the Yard Art didn't disappoint.



Across the street the neighbor tried to give him a little competition, but in my opinion fell a little short. :)

Great name!

I never grow tired of seeing the orange bark of the old growth Ponderosa Pine.

This young lady crossed the road in front of me.

Stopped, looked back, I snapped this pic and put my camera away. Before I could take off, a little spotted fawn crossed the road to join her, but unfortunately I had put my camera away and couldn't get it out in time although I was frantically trying. lol

Believe you me, a very welcome site!!!

It was only a half mile loop and I started to take it, but after about 25 yds, it got very steep for this old man so I turned around.

A half a life ago I used to play the spring and fall diamondback golf tournament in John Day, Or at the base of Strawberry Mt. I was looking for a pull out to snap a picture and came up on this.

The farthest right peak is Strawberry Mt.

I sure hope that is a controlled burn at the far left.






I like the look of Prairie City

Rattlesnake Canyon west of John Day




I stopped to visit a friend in Oneil, Or and was checking the mileage.
Oh looky there!

This is her little ranch! She has always loved horses from before the first time I met her 55 years ago.

We had a great visit over some fantastic Mexican food in Redmond, OR.

A quick shot of Mt. Hood on my way to Portland from Redmond.

Tomorrow I will get rid of some bugs.




At least my teeth are clean!  lol

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog